He arrived today! Brandtson finally decided to join our family. Here is how it came about...
We were sleeping downstairs at the Macks. At around two twenty I had a hard contraction. I fell back to sleep and twenty mins later I had another. Fell back to sleep and had another one ten mins later and then another ten mins later. So I figured I should wake Ivan up and let him know they were progressing fairly quick. I did not want to have a baby at home or in the car so we decided to get ready to go. We woke up Moneta to let her know we were going to go to the hospital. Marlee woke up and asked me if it was daytime and I told her no, but that mom was going to go have the baby! She got excited, went to the bathroom and came out and said she had clean hands and can hold the baby when he comes out. She rubbed my belly and said I love you. Another contraction hit at seven mins so I did some of my yoga moves to work through the contraction and Marlee asked if I was doing yoga. (Nothing gets by this girl)then six mins and another contraction so we headed out the door.
We arrived at the hospital and they checked us in. Checked me and I was at a 3. The nurse told me she was going to monitor me and the baby for twenty mins then see what happened. Of course once you lay down and stop moving, the contractions slow down. So twenty mins later, Ivan and I started walking around and the contractions picked up and by five thirty I was heading to labor and delivery. The contractions picked up as well as the pain. They called the doctor and prayed he'd get there in time:)
Well, I did not have time for an epidural but got some numbing in my spine which did not really kick in fully but did mask some of the pain. It was about four or five series of pushing and then he came out! I loved how they put him right on my chest and I could see the little cutie.
Brandston was born at 6:45am and weighed 7lbs 7 ounces. He was 20.5 inches long and was six days past due!
The girls came and visited and Marlee was sooooo excited to hold him! We love our new addition to the family and glad we are all doing well!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay!!! Congrats to you guys and what a cute little guy!
ReplyDeleteyeah finally, huh? You look great and you are so tough. No epidural? Your labors seem really short though, so that is nice. Congrats! Crew weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. too. I had him Jan. 31st. Your kids are all really close together. hang in there. Love ya!
ReplyDelete