Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bobbi's Baby Shower and moments of gratitude

Went to my sister in law's baby shower today. It was super fun! She is having her first girl (she has two boys close to the same ages as my two girls) and of course we are having our first boy. Girl clothing, etc never gets old. Its still so fun to see all of the cute things you can buy for little girls! Bobbi and I took some pregnancy pictures together since our due dates are only one week apart. I will have to get those from Sasha one of these days to post. I actually won one of the games because of my unfair advantage of only being a week apart from Bobbi in pregnancy. The games was where you had to guess with a piece of yarn how big you thought Bobbi's belly was. I was pretty right one. Which was fun to see how we are pretty much the same size!

Afterward I went to get an oil change and car cleaning. I don't know why they always try to up sell you when you drive in saying, "I have this free oil change and car wash coupon and that's all I would like today, thanks." They still persist to upgrade and when you politely decline, they get mad. I am overgeneralizing, but it seems almost every time I go there, its the same thing. Then while I was sitting there waiting for my oil change/wash I realized, "Man, they must be under a lot of pressure from management to up sale." So then I felt kind of bad for them and realized I am grateful I don't have to do that for a living!They car looked nice and clean and runs great. Its our '95 Camry that has 266,000 miles on it. Another moment of gratitude hit me as I was driving home in an old car that works great.

(Ivan watched the girls all morning while I was gone and then let me take a nap while continuing to watch the girls!--grateful for Ivan)

After naps, we all headed to the track so Ivan and the girls could get a quick workout in before it got dark. Then we headed to the store and watched a movie when we got home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment