Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yes! It is worth it!

Had a great moment today.... I was listening to Marlee and her cousin Bromley playing and Marlee grabbed her kite that we made in preschool last week and starting singing the kite song we taught them that ONE day! I was so excited! I always think, "Do any of the kids even remember anything we teach them?" or "Is the prep and time making an impact on anyone?"  Well, today answered my question!

Speaking of today and preschool... we talked about the number 12 and how there are twelve months in a year and they made calendars. They decorated egg cartons last class that had twelve cut out eggs in them. We watched the old school, Sesame Street counting song. You know the know that goes along with the pinball... one two three four five six seven eight nine ten...eleven twelve. And Marlee slept for more than 12 hours last night. Poor girl was so tired, she fell asleep at 6:30pm and I had to wake her up at 8:00am for preschool.

Bromley stayed at our house last night and will again tonight and its fun having a boy around. Its prepping me for our little boy:) He enjoys playing with the girls, but definitely went straight for the cars, balls and trains when he played in the toy room!We love having him over. They all play so well together.

After we ALL took a nap today (yes, including me.) Josie went straight into my bedroom and starting looking for Ivan. I could hear her saying, "Daddy, where are you?" She was looking under the blankets, in the bathroom, in our closet, and couldn't find him. She was sad when I told her that he was still at work. I am sure that when he comes home tonight, she will be beaming and smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment