Last night, we slept at my parents house and Mar, Jos and Evie had fun playing one last time together this morning. My mom cooked us a great breakfast and then we had to say goodbye to Michala and the girls.
We headed out to an ultra sound apt. The girls got to be babysat by Uncle Gavin and Aunt Mary. THEY HAD SOOOO MUCH FUN WITH THEM!!! and I was very grateful they agreed to babysit. I went with my sister in law, Bobbi. We are only a week apart. We both had great ultra sounds and our babies are measuring right on course for due dates.
The reason for the title of this post is because if you haven't heard the story of our finding out of the gender of the baby, here it is:
Ivan and I decided we wanted to wait to see what we were going to have. Since we have two girls we figured we were set on baby clothes if it was a girl. If it was a boy, my sister said she had TONS of boy clothes. So we thought it would be fun to be excited and find out at delivery. Plus, I thought it was going to be a great motivator for delivery.
I went and got an ultra sound around 20 weeks along. When I went the the apt, I asked them that I not find out since we wanted it to be a surprise. So I was poked and prodded and walked out of the office not knowing the gender. So the next day, on Ivan's way to work, he called me and said, "You have to call the place back and tell me, I want to know." He basically couldn't handle the suspense. So I called the place back and they said it was not on my records because it was a patient request not a medical need for the doctor. So I asked them if the lady who did my ultra sound was working that day and she was. They went and got her and said, "Are you sure you want to find out over the phone." I said, "No but my husband does." So they told me it was a BOY.
So this whole time I have been basing my knowledge on an over the phone, verbal telling that it was a boy. (Plus my first trimester symptoms were different this go around.)
So during today's ultrasound, he gave us a nice view that CLEARLY showed us his BOY parts.
We are excited and he is positioned head down and everything looked good. Can't wait to meet this little guy and hopefully we can find the right name for him!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay!!!! Congrats, Mo!!!! You will LOVELOVELOVE having a son too! There's just something special between a mama and her boy. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's been fun for me to have a girl this time around too. ♥
Glad he's healthy and everything is good with Bobbi's baby too!
I SOOOOOOOO love that you're updating!
xoxox