Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day of Service

I love the quote by Pres. Hinckley's Father while Pres. Hinckley was serving on his mission, "Forget yourself and get to work."
I feel like I was able to accomplish so much today because of this quote. I taught someone how to make hair clips, made six dozen cookies to drop off to friends for belated birthdays and for other acts of service they've done for our family, was able to do five loads of laundry, dishes, cleaned bathroom, swept entire tile floor, made gross brownies for Young Woman's, fed the animals, etc. (Then at mutual we talked about the importance of motherhood. What an uplifting activity that was!)
Going to go and play a matching game with the girls while Ivan does homework. He only has three classes left til he has his Masters! Oh happy day!

1 comment:

  1. What is Ivan going to school for? I am soo jealous of him.. I have 3 classes left(after this semester) until I start my Masters :(
    Sounds like a fulfilling kind of day!! By the way... I love that youre updating your blog daily now :) i need to do the same!

    ReplyDelete